What is involved in an air conditioner service?
- Wash the outside coil or condensing coil. This is found inside the casing of the central unit, most commonly seen as the main unit of central air conditioners. The mini-split unit has a small casing unit that is shorter and rectangular.
- Clean indoor evaporator coil. The evaporator coil works with the indoor unit, found in both central and mini-split air conditioners to cool and condition indoor air that flows over it by extracting heat and moisture.
- Check and clean drains that flow from the exterior unit to the interior unit and back and in central air conditioning units drain out of the system properly to a drain pipe found near the unit. Keeping condensate drains cleaned prevents harmful contaminants like mold, mildew, and other bacteria from growing in the pipe.
- Check operation and electrical components to ensure that your cooling system is efficiently operating and will continue to work throughout the year.
- Check refrigeration and temperature readings to calibrate your cooling system to ensure that when it's hot outside your system keeps you cool inside.