Common questions that we get about the conversion process
- In most applications we can. In the case we cannot convert your old oil system, we carry a wide variety of oil boilers and furnaces that can replace your old oil system.
- In some cases a conversion burner can be put in to act as a replacement.
- The Gas Doctor will come in, evaluate your current heating system configuration and begin the process of removing your old system.
- The Gas Doctor will safely remove all of the piping, the old tank, and the furnace or boiler and safely dispose of the materials.
- Oil companies will not typically reimburse for the oil as it can not be resold. For this reason, we recommend that oil tanks are 1/8 full or less at the time of scheduling of the installation of your natural gas heating system.